On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 14:00:28 -0600
Scot Jenkins <scot+tcluggen at thinkunix.net> wrote:

> Shawn wrote:
> > Now I just gotta figure out my cd-r/w & DVD combo drive why I
> > can't get DVD's to read from it...
>
> are you trying to play encrypted DVD's?  if so, you need libdvdcss
> package.  I build it from source along time ago under Slackware 8.1
> and it worked with xine.
>
> my build scripts are here, look under libdvdcss and xine
> directories:
> http://thinkunix.net/unix/os/linux/slackware/i386-mirror/8.1/thinkunix/source/
>
> If you don't have checkinstall, just use "make install" where I have
> "checkinstall" in the build.sh scripts.

Yep, encrypted movie dvd's or even data dvd's for that matter.  How
does it work with the cd-r/w aspect?  Is there anything within lilo
that I need to change?  Right now I have it set to "hdc=ide-scsi"

For the time being, on the SCSI card and tape drive, I just put the
corresponding modprobe commands into my /etc/rc.d/rc.local file.  I'll
try and pull down a new kernel in the next week or so and try and
build one (first time, so it'll be a bit hairy for me).

Thanks again Scot.

--
Shawn

 "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear -- not absence of
fear."
	-Mark Twain

  Ne Obliviscaris --  "Forget Not"