Ugh, every time I turn around I have to do something else that's
all funky or undocumented or a big long process just to get the simplest
things working with linux, it's slowly driving me insane.

THIS IS A VENT THREAD. I'M NOT LOOKING FOR HELP, I'M NOT INTERESTED IN
WHAT I'M DOING WRONG, I JUST WANT TO BITCH.

	I'm trying to get backuppc working, just so I can backup the
damn server, and it's like pulling teeth. First the perl modules won't
compile, which took 6+ hours to solve, then I can't figure out whether I
have mod_perl installed or not, and even if I do it's telling me to
change the init.d script and expecting that I magically know what's
supposed to be changed??? WTF??? I'm supposed to be a programmer now
too? The other option is recompiling perl, THAT SOUNDS LIKE A BUNDLE OF
FUN!

	This is all AFTER I managed to get odbc access to mssql 2000 and
access files, lemme tell you that was a good time!

	Sometimes linux really impresses me, and sometimes I can't
believe anyone could consider this a mature server platform. It *almost*
makes me want to pay out the nose for M$ crap. (though I wouldn't get
any support from them either! AND I'd have to learn ASP, fuck that.)

	I'm sad I missed the beer meeting, and I wish I'd be getting
home before 8pm tonight.

Matt