Something I have recently begun to use is backuppc. Very slick program.
Basically you setup a user for the backuppc software, then setup an ssh
key for it to your user on the box you want backed up and it takes care
of the rest, and has a nice web interface to restore files/directories.

Its pooling features are awesome! saves a TON of disk space. I also use
compression level 5 with it.

I am currently backing up 21 machines, Linux and Windows boxen.

If you decide to set it up, I would be willing to offer some help.

http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/