I received the following from I guy I worked with for several years.
I've never done what he is looking to do,  I thought it best to forward
this to the List.  Yes I've told him to join the list.

I want Tim to get the best advice so I'm posting this to the group.

Sam,

<snip>

I do have a question, and if you've got the time to respond I'd be much obliged.
My server setup is thus:

hda has my O/S as well as all my data on different shares that I've created.

hdb has one huge 120GB (roughly)partition with /tmp directory mounted to it.

So, here's what I want to do.  I want to copy all the data from hda to hdb.
After that I'll install Fedora on hda and leave all the data on hdb.

Do I just go into /etc/fstab and mount /tmp to somewhere on hda to get it off
of hdb?

Until later,
Tim