> I work for our Internet related services.  I like to use nmap to make
> sure I am running only the services I need.  While nmap'n both these
> boxes today I noticed something I have not seen before.

The first thing I'd do is run a 'netstat -anp |grep LISTEN' on the box in
question.  If these ports don't show up in netstat, but they do in nmap,
you probably have a trojaned copy of netstat, a good indication that
unwelcomed things are living on your box.

If they do show up, you'll be able to see which processes are opening
these ports.  Usually this jogs memories and you'll remember that weird
thing you installed because package A depends on it.

Good luck!

-Brian