On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 15:07:49 -0600, Samuel MacDonald <smac at visi.com> wrote:

> OK Johnny,  I believe I'm ready for Gentoo.  I hope to improve the
> performance of the P266 Laptop I have.
>
> I have basic DSL this means a very long down load.  I'll slap yall
> around in DoD but that's a horse of a different bandwidth.  I have a CD
> burner now, WooHoo, but the netBSD download took about 16 hours  :-(
> Any possibility of getting CD's with Gentoo from someone in exchange for
> blank CD's?

 FRom the Gentoo install guide
(http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook.xml?part=1&chap=1):

"...You can install Gentoo in many different ways. You can download and
install from one of our LiveCDs (installation CDs), from an existing
distribution, from a bootable CD (such as Knoppix), from a netbooted
environment, etc...."

You need no stinking CD....