Jason Jorgensen wrote:

> I do Linux consulting on the side and I am sure alot of you do as
> well. I was looking for something that might keep track of clients,
> let me add notes about them, and maybe generate billing statements for
> me based on hours worked.
>
> I would prefer a web interface.
>
> Even just a template I can use to make a bill would be good.
>
> Trying to get slightly more professional than my typical crayon on
> napkin billing statement asking for payment :)
>
> How do you people handle it?

I handle mine with OpenOffice.org, and GnuCash.  GnuCash keeps track of
my checking, so it made sense to use it for billing too.  And I just
have a OpenOffice.org template for billing that I just fill out.  As far
as integrating the two, I just don't get enough business (nor do I want
to, I miss my free time as it is) to warrant it.  If I want to print an
invoice, keep track of hours,  or do something fancy on site, I ssh -X
to my server at home.  I keep mini cds of Damn Small Linux, Trinux, some
dos/win32 tools (putty.exe), and a Knoppix cd in my glove box just in
case...

Thats just my setup...

Chris Frederick