Ben Bargabus wrote:
> Hello,
> Has anyone looked into the new spam law that was supposed to take effect
> on the 1st?  How does enforcement work?  How do we report violators and
> what information do we need to give?
> Thanks,
> Ben.

As the law stands it puts the FTC in charge of developing plans for
dealing with enforcement issues. It's not real clear that the FTC thinks
the law is enforceable. In other words, there really isnt' any place to
report it, and I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for any enforcement.

Personally I think the only effect it's going to have is to make it
really clear what Spammers can do to make their spam legal.  I've
noticed that for the last few days the Spam coming in to the University
where I'm postmaster has been much more likely to have an unsubscribe
widget in it.  I think that's the only big effect you're gonna see.