Psykosonik (I believe they are local)
Information Society
Prodigy (kinda)
Ministry and Rammstein (not techno, but good codin' music)

Go to your local used/oddball CD seller (I went to Disc-go-round many
years ago) and you can usually find techno compilations.  I picked up
about a half dozen of these in my life, and you can use the "credits" in
the CD insert to lookup the names of the "artists" to find more of their
music.  I remember one song called The Bullfrog, and that's exactly what
it was (but still pretty good).

Also check out www.mnvibe.com - lots of music for <disdain> "those people"
where "those people" are raver kiddies.  Free downloads of
trance/techno/dance/all kinds of 1's and 0's music.

Some Pink Floyd is almost, but not quite, techno (kind of parallel) but
uses synth and is "odd".  Lots of the odd-ball PF stuff that the radio
stations never play is like this.  Like "Echoes" and "Mettle".  The entire
Animals CD is excellent.  As is Division Bells.  That is, if you don't
mind singing in your music (You got your singing in my music.  You got
your music in my singing!  Hey!)

I would highly recommend buying every single PF album and listening to
them all one at a time, starting with the earliest.  There is some really
good stuff that never gets airtime (like Shine On, because it's too long
for radio (but too short for my liking!)).  There are very few PF songs
that I don't at least partially like ("Money" comes to mind)

I'll get some ls -lR action going on my mp3 directory and see if I missed
anything that I used to listen to.

Adam Maloney
Has seen Roger Waters twice in concert