Is anyone a Linksys expert?
Strange question, but maybe someone can help.

Scenario:
Linux firewall (and DHCP server) protects home LAN and has VPN tunnel
set up to friends house with similar Linux firewall.
Linksys BEFW11S4 wired/wireless router inside Linux firewall.

Is there any way to have the Linksys just be a "dumb" router that would
allow any clients attached to it (wired or wireless) to receive their
DHCP address from the Linux firewall?

I've tried having the Cat5 coming from the Linux firewall coming in one
of the LAN ports and coming in on the WAN port. If it comes in on the
WAN port, then I can't see anything on the "inside" of the Linksys (and
I don't see any way to turn off the firewall portion of the Linksys).

If it comes in one of the LAN ports then it's a mess. I've tried a
number of configs with the "Dynamic Routing" set as "router" and
"gateway", but either I lose contact with the Linux DHCP server or I
lose contact with the Linksys. I can't seem to have a PC attached to one
of the LAN ports on the Linksys work. I thought I could have the Cat5
come in one of the LAN ports, have the Linksys set in "router" mode and
then tell it to use RIP and then in theory, the DHCP client would get
it's IP from the Linux firewall, but that doesn't seem to work.

Basically, I want the increased protection that the Linux firewall
provides (and the VPN capabilities), but also the wireless access the
Linksys will provide. I can simply have the Linux firewall provide a
DHCP address to the WAN port of the Linksys, then have the Linksys
provide DHCP addresses to PCs connected to it's LAN ports. BUT then I
don't think the VPN tunnel between the Linux router and a friends Linux
router will serve any purpose, because the Linksys will block gaming or
folder sharing access.

Any suggestions or help appreciated.
--
Todd Young