On Thu, 2004-02-26 at 15:32, Erik Anderson wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone around has ever successfully implemented a
> jabber server.  I'm trying to get one up and running on a Gentoo box,
> and I'm starting to pull my hair out.  I can start the server fine...but
> when I pull up a jabber client and try to register a username/password,
>   I get the following error:
>
> Error: Not Implemented
>
> Google hasn't turned up much for me either on this issue.
>
> Any ideas?

I've got it running on Debian/stable.  Set it up over a year ago but
afraid I don't remember much from the install.  Debian package installed
and worked fine, but I ended up removing it and compiling from source
(1.4.2) to enable SSL support.

I assume you've tweaked the jabber.xml file to set up for your site?
Google for HowTo's; the documentation is kind of sparse.  Run in debug
mode and check the log files.  There are separate modules for using
conferences and user directorys (JUD's), but you shouldn't need these
for basic testing.

I can email you my config file off list if you'd like.

~jh

> Thanks!
> -Erik

John Hawley                | Can't keep my eyes from the circling skys.
jhawley at hissingdragon.net  | Tongue-tied and twisted; just an earth-