Hi- I tried to mount a data cd and it told me that it could not mount
/mnt/cdrom because /dev/cdrom is not a block device!  Does anyone know what
this means and how I can fix it?  I am screwed right now because I can't use
my cdrom drive at all and my good friends at Dell only included one drive on
this!
Also when I try to mount from my normal user ID it tells me only root user
can mount cds.

I suppose some one else has suggested adding a line to your etc/fstab
where /dev/hdc is given /mnt/cdrom as mount point and iso9660 as
filesystem and ro, username and 0 0

you have to login as root or su to modify the fstab also.
-- Ray

|Raymond C. Bryan  651-642-9890 vox  |  The battle is sometimes to the   |
|Raymond Computer  651-642-9891 fax  |  small for the bigger they are    |
|795 Raymond Ave   - email raycomp   |  the harder they fall.            |
|St Paul MN  55114    @visi.com      |     -- James Thurber --           |
|USA               Amiga - Commodore |                                   |
|  http://www.raycomp.com            |                                   |