From: Jima [mailto:jima at beer.tclug.org]
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 6:25 PM
To: TCLUG Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCLUG] Cisco Switches

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Samuel MacDonald wrote:
> Holy Cats, I guess I didn't expect the enthusisam!

 No kidding.  Cisco switches for $5 a pop?  Pretty hard to beat, Sam.

 In case anyone who bought one was wondering how the heck to connect to
the serial console port, I managed to piece together a pinout for
DB9F-RJ45 adapters that uses a regular straight-through Cat5 cable
(instead of the "rollover" cable, as per spec).  If anyone is interested
in the directions, or wants an adapter (costs about $3), email me off-list
and I can help you out.

     Jima