PHPTOm wrote:
> Any suggestions?  I am faced with a decision and I have no idea what to do:
> MBR or root partition

That's a good question and I hope there is a good discussion about it. I
have always used the MBR. I guess I used it the first time I installed
Linux because I wanted to over-write Windoze use of the MBR. That worked
fine and so I've just continued to use the MBR.

But there was a discussion on the list a few months ago where this came
up as a side-topic and someone made a good argument for using the root
partition. I don't have time to search the archives now.
--
Eric (Rick) Meyerhoff