OO does have a database interface buried in the Data Source tab on the
Tools entry, or some such place. Take a look at the OO-ODBC stuff at
http://www.unixodbc.org/doc/  There is also reKall from the Kompany at
http://www.thekompany.com/projects/rekall/?dhtml_ok=0 They recently
annouced an open source version in addition to their commercial offerings.

--rick