Callum Lerwick wrote:

>How? Do you have to use certain flags? Way back in the days of kernel
>2.0.x, I had the bright idea of trying this, and it made my system
>completely unable to load any of the modules... Has this changed?

First back up the kernel and corresponding modules directory before
attempting to strip these object files.

strip should be applied to the uncompressed kernel, vmlinux (not vmlinuz).

# strip -R .comment -R .note vmlinux
# find /lib/modules/<version> -name \*.o -exec strip -R .comment -R .note {} \;

Sincerely,

Ken Fuchs <kfuchs at winternet.com>