The Wandering Dru wrote:

> Tom Penney wrote:
>
> | I've got an annoying little problem. I've installed Mozilla 1.6 on a RH9
> | box running gnome. I can't open two instances of the the browser. When I
> | try I get a window "Select User Profile" asking me to select one. There
> | is one available profile "default" which is just fine with me. I select
> | it and I get an error "Mozilla cannot use the profile "default" because
> | it is in use. Please choose another profile or create a new one." It
> | seems when I run /use/local/mozilla/mozilla it opens a whole new session
> | when what I want is a new window. I can open new windows using the same
> | "default" profile by right clicking a link and selecting "open link in
> | new window" so how can I do the same from the command line?
> |

> Not really from command line, but I use the Ctrl+n keyboard shortcut to
> open a new window.  Actually, I use Ctrl+t more often.  I love tabs.

At home I've got X-Terminals, computers with shared /home directories, and
computers with that run mozilla remotely (via ssh -X).

Mozilla does not handle this situation at all well, nor do Gnome applications.

Older applications (admittedly less powerful) handled this pretty well, mostly
because configurations were largely read only.

Kent