On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 20:41:23 -0600
Scot Jenkins <scot+tcluggen at thinkunix.net> wrote:

> If you've compiled a kernel before, you should still have a file
> called/usr/src/linux/.config that contains the kernel config
> (assuming you built your kernel in the "standard place", eg
> /usr/src/linux).
>
> On debian systems, the config is part of the kernel-image-<version>
> pkg and ends up under /boot/config-<version>

Thanks Scot, and Daniel for the info.  I thought there was a flat
file, but couldn't recall what it was.  I was thinking vmlinuz...

No, haven't compiled before, it's the default one that comes with
Slackware on base install.  I want to see if I can compile it right
and take advantage of specifying the correct CPU, chipset, etc...

/boot/config-version is where it's at also on Slack.

--
Shawn

 "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear -- not absence of
fear."
	-Mark Twain

  Ne Obliviscaris --  "Forget Not"