Hey gang, I've been looking for something to explain this, and I'm
coming up empty, maybe someone here knows...

I was transferring some files from the office back home today and I was
monitoring the ip traffic with iptraf and I noticed something strange.
I was getting a lot of lines (one every 6 seconds) like this:

UDP (120 bytes) from 192.168.0.1:xxxxx to 255.255.255.255:61112 on eth1
(where port xxxxx keeps incrementing)

My internet setup is like this:
-(dhcp) dsl router (192.168.0.1)--(192.168.0.2) Linux firewall
(192.168.1.1)-

My dsl router is an Actiontec Wireless Ready DSL Gateway.  The linux
firewall is accepting ssh, forwarding https to another machine, and
snating outbound trafic.  Everything else is blocked at the firewall.
The dsl router has its own firewall, but it's not very flexable, it's as
turned off as posible right now, so the Linux box is doing all the
work.  I'm pretty sure this doesn't pose a security threat or anything,
I'm just curious why my dsl router is sending UDP packets to a broadcast
address.  Anyone have any clues?

Thanks

Chris Frederick