________________________________

From: tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org on behalf of Samuel MacDonald
Sent: Mon 2/16/2004 1:47 PM
To: TCLUG Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCLUG] Office on Linux

How about IBM = I Been Moved

Or at least the jobs, of thousands of Americans have been moved to other
countries.

Try reading
    http://www.ibmemployee.com/
and

http://www.allianceibm.org/pressconnects_com%20%2001-22-04%20%20News%20Story.htm
and
    http://www.pressconnects.com/special/endicottspill/

After reading _all_ this information tell me who ibm is interested in
helping.
It isn't the people of Endicott or workers in this country.

Sam.

---

Please...do tell what this has to do with MS Office being ported to Linux by IBM? :)

We're not debating whether IBM is a great entity or not...in my reply I never stated that, I said they care about business, i.e. CASH MONEY.  We're debating whether MS Office being ported to Linux is a good thing - we don't have to use it, but obviously, the addition of MS Office on Linux is positive as it will lead more people from the general population to investigate Linux because they can fell "warm and fuzzy" knowing pretty much the only apps they use on Windows work on Linux.