On 02/16 01:29 , Samuel MacDonald wrote:
> Why would I run Linux to run m$ office?
>
> It would be easier to just run XP and m$ office.

no, it wouldn't. Crossover Office makes MS Office much more bearable,
because:
- you get rid of the underlying Windows OS, which is the greatest source of
  administrative aggravation
- you can do remote displays of the application (especially with Crossover
  Office Thin Client Edition), which means you only need to upgrade/patch it
  in one place for several users (Tho you still need to buy licenses for
  each user. ;(  ); plus the obvious benefits of being able to run your
  application from anywhere to anywhere.

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Systems Administrator