________________________________

From: tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org on behalf of Samuel MacDonald
Sent: Mon 2/16/2004 11:09 AM
To: TCLUG Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCLUG] Office on Linux

I read the article, I don't trust either of these huge conglomerates or
the "Info World" rag.
All these companies care about is profits, they don't care about what is
right or wrong.
    As my mother use to say "One will lie the other will swear to it"
(the 3rd will print it).
m$ and ibm have been in bed sense DOS, m$ office on Linux? I hope it
never happens.
<snip>

Companies should look to other ways of doing things before porting m$
office to Linux.
If  ibm were to grant (without strings) OpenOffice.org  $5 million, Open
Office would
be a threat to m$ office.  That will never happen because m$ and ibm are
in bed.
<snip>

----

Such bitterness Sam!

Can't you look at this as the positive it is?  IBM is obviously putting a lot of focus on Linux as a desktop - no matter what THIS IS GOOD.  Any type of Linux gaining market share helps all the other types of Linux and it helps get you guys better gigs.  And OF COURSE IBM is all about profits...you expect them to give $5m without strings to anyone??

IBM = International BUSINESS Machines.  Not International Open-Source-Hug-Me-We-Love-The-World-Charity Machine.