I read the article, I don't trust either of these huge conglomerates or
the "Info World" rag.
All these companies care about is profits, they don't care about what is
right or wrong.
    As my mother use to say "One will lie the other will swear to it"
(the 3rd will print it).
m$ and ibm have been in bed sense DOS, m$ office on Linux? I hope it
never happens.
Why?
Because of all the work the guys at OpenOffice.org  have been doing. The
product they
have turned out is _"Excellent"_. They have turned out a solid set of
tools that have a great
look and feel.  All that's needed to complement OpenOffice is a MySQL
front end like
m$ access.  *Any developers looking for an open source project?*

Companies should look to other ways of doing things before porting m$
office to Linux.
If  ibm were to grant (without strings) OpenOffice.org  $5 million, Open
Office would
be a threat to m$ office.  That will never happen because m$ and ibm are
in bed.

m$ office on Linux, yuck! I hope the project costs ibm $100 million and
it fails.

As a LUG we should be promoting Open Office at every opportunity.

I'll be using Open Office for a large project within Scouting and I'll
be asking other
Scouters to do the same.  If  we can promote Open Office to our friends,
colleagues, and
customers we may help reduce the poor behavior of big companies like m$
and ibm.

Open you mind and your software!

Sam.