On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 20:56:55 -0600
The Wandering Dru <dru at druswanderings.net> wrote:

> I used to use slackware also, was very fond of it in fact.  The main
> reason I quit using it(around 8.2) is I got tired of dealing with my
> own dependencies and figuring out why things wouldn't compile with
> the options I wanted, etc.
>
> Over the years it's been kind of a Distro-of-the-month club on my
> desktop.  If it's out there, I've probably tried it at least once.
> About the only one I've not quite wrapped my brain around yet is
> Rock. One of these day tho... ;-)

I think I've tried a vast majority of the major ones myself.  But I
always keep coming back to Slackware.  It' just works for me.
Granted, I'm not a code monkey or anything like that right now, but it
definately does it's purpose and quite well in fact.

I consider myself to be somewhere on the intermediate to mildly
advanced, yet far from guru stage of a Linux/Slackware afficianado.
But, in time, it'll come.  =)

--
Shawn

 "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear -- not absence of
fear."
	-Mark Twain

  Ne Obliviscaris --  "Forget Not"