    Anthony> I've been making some data DVD coasters and now I'm looking
    Anthony> for help on successfully burning data DVDs.

    Anthony> Currently I'm running RedHat 9.0 on an Asus A7V333 motherboard.
    Anthony> It has an AMD Athlon XP 1800+ processor and 512 MB RAM.

I've been doing this successfully with Mandrake 9.1, on which I use
cdrecord-dvdhack, which looks like your dvdrecord.  I've written a
DVD-R using Khypermedia.

    Anthony> I used the following command to create the test data for
    Anthony> both the CD burn test and the DVD burn test.
    Anthony> mkisofs -R -o pdf.raw /home/tlittle/pdf/

I used

mkisofs -r -o /tmp/backup.iso <directory>

then

cdrecord-dvdhack dev=0,1,0 -dao /tmp/data-backup.iso

I couldn't make growisofs do anything but go quietly out to lunch....

If you don't get a better answer from someone else, I'll burn another
and look more carefully at the output.

Best,