Sam, we've had trouble installing even Windows on a dbanned hard drive.  The
solution has been to start a Redhat install up to the point of partitioning
the disks.  Let it write the partition table and format them.  At that point
feel free to stop the Redhat install and go back to whatever you really want
to install.