I am sure I am missing something obvious here but have been going around
and around trying to figure out what exactly is wrong.

I have scoured the 'net looking for help to no avail.

Anyhoo, here is the problem:

I am using KDM on Gentoo and have enabled XDMCP by adding

[Xdmcp]
Enable=true
Willing=/etc/X11/xdm/Xwilling
Xaccess=/etc/X11/xdm/Xaccess
Port=177

to kdmrc and can get the kdm login screen via XWin.exe on Cygwin

However, no matter what session I select (tried windowmaker, kde and
blackbox) the session "hangs" and the kdm.log file shows the following:

Xlib:  extension "XInputExtension" missing on display "10.20.40.84:0.0".
Failed to get list of devices

I guess I am still not even certain if this is a Cygwin problem or a
server side configuration problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

LB