On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, Samuel MacDonald wrote:
> No HarMar was not!
> The first enclosed mall called Southdale opened in Edina, Minnesota
> (near Minneapolis) in 1956.

 If you hadn't made that correction, I would have.  While Googling for
verification, I stumbled across some rather ridiculous claims that the
first indoor mall was other places, like Sunnyvale, CA, or *snerk* Dallas,
TX (in 1965!?).  Sorry, but neither place has the incentive we do to have
our shopping protected from the elements. ;)
 This is the way we check our facts, check our facts, check our facts...

     Jima

 Although there is some muttering about "The Arcade" in Cleveland...