Quoting Brian <lxy at cloudnet.com>:

> I'm using IMAP (uw-imapd) on my Debian box for squirrelmail.  I'd like to
> set it up for my OutHouse users to connect, but I'd rather have them use
> SSL than plaintext IMAP.  According to netstat it's listening on 143
> (plaintext I think?) but not on the secure port (953 is it?).  How can I
> configure it to accept SSL connections?
>
> -Brian

Should just be a matter of configuring xinetd or inetd to enable imaps, there is
a imaps file in my xinetd.d directory to this effect:
service imaps
{
        socket_type             = stream
        wait                    = no
        user                    = root
        server                  = /usr/sbin/imapd
        log_on_success  += HOST DURATION
        log_on_failure  += HOST
        disable                 = no
}
This is a RedHat box, so YMMV, but the idea should be the same.

Thanks,
Josh