> Try doing a "modprobe st" and see if you can get it loaded into the
> kernel.  Then do an "lsmod" and look for the tape drive.

I did  "modprobe st" and then did "lsmod", and shazaam, it was all there! I
am currently running a backup to the tape drive right now. Just wondering
what would be the best way to be sure the Adaptec module was loaded on a
reboot?

<pertinent output of lsmod>
Module Size Used by Not tainted

aic7xxx 138484 1

3w-xxxx 33792 3

sd_mod 13552 6

scsi_mod 110344 4 [aic7xxx st 3w-xxxx sd_mod]

</pertinent output of lsmod>

< cat /proc/scsi>

Attached devices:

Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00

Vendor: 3ware Model: 3w-xxxx Rev: 1.0

Type: Direct-Access ANSI SCSI revision: ffffffff

Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 02 Lun: 00

Vendor: HP Model: C1537A Rev: L105

Type: Sequential-Access ANSI SCSI revision: 02

</cat /proc/scsi>