On Saturday 07 February 2004 02:56 pm, David Phillips wrote:
> Jima writes:
> >  My immediate guess is that maybe the coax feed to your cable modem is
> > sub-optimal.  I'm not a cable expert, though.
>
> Cable is either on or off.  A bad signal (often caused by too many
> splitters) will cause failure, not lower speeds.

The way I understood it from the guy who did the cable check for my cable
modem in Duluth was that there are optimal signal voltage levels for the data
channels. If the signal is outside that level the modem can have trouble. To
me that implies the possibility of sub-optimal performance.

But like Jima I'm no cable expert.

--
Jack Ungerleider
jack at jacku.com