I have a redhat 8 server that I am trying to get a scsi HP dat 24G tape
drive working on. At start up my Adaptec  AHA-2940 card is found and shows
scsi ID 7. If I go into the scsi utility it shows my tape drive on ID 2 as
HP C1537a.

Once the box boots I can see the card in the hardware browser under scsi
devices. If I cat /proc/scsi I can only see my 3ware card. I do get an error
in dmesg, but found other post on the net that seemed to think it was some
issue about when modules get loaded. Not sure how to diagnose this further.
Any help is appreciated.

Raymond

Dmesg shows

SCSI subsystem driver Revision: 1.00

kmod: failed to exec /sbin/modprobe -s -k scsi_hostadapter, errno = 2

3ware Storage Controller device driver for Linux v1.02.00.025.

scsi0 : Found a 3ware Storage Controller at 0xec00, IRQ: 10, P-chip: 1.3

scsi0 : 3ware Storage Controller

Vendor: 3ware Model: 3w-xxxx Rev: 1.0

Attached scsi disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0

sda: sda1 sda2 sda3