I haven't used teh Adaptec software but I've used the Compaq software. I
would advise installing
RAID management software for every installation. If the source is
available you could compile the
software on RH9, and do some testing.
I think I'd find out what the beeping is before I'd install anything on
a production server. Make the
trip to Wayzetta and have lunch at the Blue Point. Nothing like a bucket
of beer and oysters! Mm
mmmmm I like em fresh with sea salt.

Sam.