> First of all, I hate Comcast.
>
> I hate Qwest almost as much.

I'm opposite on this. I've never gone through a six month period without
a billing mistake. And it takes two months to be rectified. And they
continue the mistake for those two months. Then it takes two months to
correct those two months.

> > They've been waiting for the beast to topple.  The first
> push was the
> > MSN partnership - I think that took the cable co's by
> surprise - Qwest
> > now has less overhead, with Microsoft taking over the support for
> > those customers.  Bishop to e6.

Qwest is evil, and you can see that by this partnership ^^^^

> DSL is the Linux of the internet connectivity world, the geek
> value is high (static IP's, blocks of IP's, sometimes control
> over your DNS) but the extra expense isn't worth it for most
> people, nor is the lack of bandwidth.

I would love static IPs, real DNS control, etc. But when I can get 3Mb
down for [roughly] the same price? No contest. On top of that, my IP has
only changed when I've moved. One year straight at three different
houses (one of those were under ATTBI, one under TWC, and now one under
Comcast.) Even if this weren't the case, I use everydns.net for dynamic
DNS service and run a little client on one of my PCs that checks if it's
changed every so often. Good enough for the casual stuff I do.

My only gripe and wish is more upstream bandwidth. I wouldn't utilize it
right now, but it would be feasible to do something with it if I had
more than 384k up.

John