In that case, check out "Dynamic Network Factory"  They have pre-built
RAIDs that use IDE disks, but appear as a SCSI device to the host.
We've used them in the past (under BSD/OS no less), and have had pretty
good experiences with them.  I haven't bought one in awhile, so I don't
know how their pricing and performance is nowadays.