On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 00:07:50 -0600, Samuel MacDonald <smac at visi.com> wrote:

> I've tried all the stuff everyone has suggested.
> I'm going to attempt to install LILO over Grub.
>
> Sam.

did you use genkernel to compile your kernel?  if so what version?  if it
was genkernel 3.xxx you have to use root=/dev/ram0 real_root=/dev/hda3

search the gentoo forums (install section) for genkernel problems....
or check out the grub error collection on the forums:
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=122656

johnnyf