On Wednesday 04 February 2004 08:21 pm, Callum Lerwick wrote:
> Alright, I've been trying to get a zope/plone site set up, and Plone in
> particular seems to have a big lack of advanced documentation, at least
> that I can find.
>
> I want my Plone site to authenticate against the system accounts. Best
> thing I can find is an LDAP authenticator, but I'm just using plain old
> /etc/passwd/shadow for now. There's some talk of writing PAM
> authenticators but I can't track down anything usable. Has anyone done
> this before?

I haven't tried this (but I might this weekend if I have time :-) but the
exUserFolder product has an option for etcAuthSource. You might be able to
use that. It would require replacing the aclUsers folder of the plone site
with an exUserFolder that uses the etcAuthSource.

The readme doesn't mention shadow passwords so you may want to check
www.zopelabs.com or do a google search for other suggestions. Also you may
want to post this to the local Zope user group (TCZPUG) mailing list for more
suggestions.

Just remember that Plone authentication is just Zope authentication and you
should be able to find some documentation on that process. There are several
"alternate" auth products out there.

Jack - local roving Zopista

--
Jack Ungerleider