From: tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org [mailto:tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org] On Behalf Of Samuel MacDonald
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 3:42 PM
To: TCLUG Mailing List
Subject: [TCLUG] It's Offical

I HATE GRUB!

Twice it has failed to work as it should.

The stupid machine finds grub and presents my option to boot
    "Gentoo Linux 2.4.22"
It just reboots over and over

this is what is in grub.conf  it's what the Gentoo site says to put in
the file.

default 0
timeout 30
splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
title=Gentoo Linux 2.4.22
root (hd0,0)
kernel (hd0,0)/kernel-2.4.22 root=/dev/hda3

Anyone want to explain?

Sam.