I can't say the exact route to configuration, but the cisco VPN client,
and the former SSH sentinel client (Which has been purchased by a
company in Finland) both offer easy deployment to clients and the
ability to create config scripts to auto-setup connections.

As far as the router/firewall goes, if you are planning to upgrade the
firewall end - Astaro (www.astaro.com) is a nice router/firewall for VPN
connections, logging, management etc. (It can also do inline spam/virus
filtering, web-content filtering, SMTP proxy etc, and is a firewall at
it's core.) If you are not planning this, then a VPN endpoint is needed
inside the router, and possibly inside but most likely along-side the
firewall.

You might even be able to do this at the routing level if your routers
can do IPSec.

If you don't have a VPN end-point a linux box running freeswan will work
nicely - although it may not have a nice web-based front-end, you can't
complain about remote management via console. That can be troublesome
if, without going into the plethora of reasons why, "users" need access
to the admin interface for which a console is not appropriate.

Without knowing exactly what you have, that should at least give you a
brief idea of what's there. The routing and firewalling is a trivial
issue that should be handled easily - you will by far spend more time
tweaking the ipsec stuff to work properly and efficiently and provide an
administrative interface appropriate to your situation.