Out of curiosity, anyone able to get VMWare 4.0 to run successfully on
Slackware 9.1?  I installed it, and everytime I go to run the virtual
machine, I get a crash.

"*** VMware Workstation internal monitor error ***
VM attempting to execute in undefined memory.

There is a problem in this beta version of VMware Workstation.
We rely on your feedback to improve the quality of our product. Please
submit a support request that describes the problem at our Web page
"http://www.vmware.com/info?id=8". Do not forget to attach the log
file (/vmware/vmware.log) and the core file (/vmware/vmware-core.gz).
We appreciate your feedback,  -- the VMware Workstation team."

I've gone back and forth with VMWare support, with their final
resolution being:

Slackware 9.1 is not a supported/recommended Linux distribution at
this time. As newer Linux kernels and distributions are released,
VMware modifies and tests its products for stability and
reliability on those host platforms. We make every effort to
add support for new kernels and distributions in a timely manner,
but until a kernel or distribution is added to the list below,
its use with our products is not supported.

Supported Host Operating Systems:
http://www.vmware.com/support/ws4/doc/intro_hostreq_ws.html#1032234

So, I go and take a look and it's all RPM based systems that are
supported.  I know it'll run on older versions of Slack, but can't
find anything about 9.1.  On VMWare's support site, the most recent
distro for Slack mentioned is 9.0 as a guest OS.  I did some Googling,
but most everything I've found is for older versions as host or guest
OS's.

Also, going off of the supported list, it looks like the latest kernel
they support is 2.4.19.  Has anyone gotten it to run on Fedora, RH9,
or EL 3?  I'm looking at some different options to run, but it looks
like I might be limited to older versions.

--
Shawn

 "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear -- not absence of
fear."	-Mark Twain

  Ne Obliviscaris --  "Forget Not"