You want pfmon to send the data to STDOUT instead of a file, and then
pipe it to awk (as John suggested).  If it's a "good" program, then by
not specifying a filename it will probably just default to STDOUT.  Or
with some commands you can specify "-" as the file to mean stdout.

So, as John suggested,

pfmon | awk '{ SOME STUFF }' > output_file

Just make sure that pfmon without a filename parameter will spit to
STDOUT, or you'll have 100GB going somewhere that you weren't expecting
:)