On Saturday 31 January 2004 01:39 pm, Samuel MacDonald wrote:
> I agree with this completely, support is very important.
> However the "tradition" has been to have the ISO's available.
>
> I've purchased several editions of several distributions

<snipped for brevity>

It depends on whose "tradition" you are talking about. If my memory is correct
SuSE hasn't had an "Evaluation Version" other than the LiveEval since
somewhere around 7.1. I know they had loaded evals for 5.x and I believe 6.x
(but I might be wrong that's when I started buying the box sets) but not much
after that. The exception was/is the SPARC version. The ISOs for their last
SPARC version (7.something) are still available for download.

So SuSE's "tradition" has been more of the LiveEval CD than loadable ISOs.

Jack - Your local SuSE bigot.

--
Jack Ungerleider
jack at jacku.com