On Thu, 30 Dec 2004, Bob Tanner wrote:

> Let me bounce the idea around here at Real Time, mostly I'm concerned about
> some dumb-mofo using it as a warez point or quota issues.

I comment that I've been looking (not very hard, but I have been looking)
for a place to toss my slides from last month presentation on Ocaml, so
people could grab them if they're interested.

A way around this could be to have a directory you can upload to, but can
see or download from in ftp- only the administrator can see into that
directory (probably only from a shell account).  If someone wanted to put
something up, they would upload this directory, and ping the
administrator.  Once the administrator determined that the files weren't
warez or pr0n or other garbage, and belong on the TCLUG web site, they'd
move them to a directory where people could see and download the files.

Brian