On Mon, 27 Dec 2004, Josh Trutwin wrote:

> I know it can be done easily enough from the command line, but I was
> wondering if anyone knew of a decent GUI for doing DVD burning under
> Linux?  Not finding much out there with google.  I think a recent LJ had
> something....
>
> My wife isn't very linux saavy, so if there is a pointy-clicky
> alternative that anyone has found that would be best for her.
>
> Any thoughts?  Preferably would like to be able to handle dual layer
> burns, compression, etc.  Something with similar features as this:
> http://www.dvdidle.com/dvd-fab-platinum.htm

I get to the GUIs midway through this message.

Some people thought the following was pretty useful even though it's a
command-line-based method:

http://mlug.missouri.edu/list-archives/discussion/2004-12/msg00325.php3

This guy liked it...

http://mlug.missouri.edu/list-archives/discussion/2004-12/msg00335.php3

... and reproduced it, nicely formatted, in the "HOWTO" section here:

http://www.archlug.org/kwiki/DVD-Backup

Also, he recommended "DVDDcryptor and DVDShrink running under Crossover
Office 4" because they offer GUIs.  So you might try those programs.  I
guess he spelled those names incorrectly.  Here are the sites:

http://www.dvddecrypter.com/
http://www.dvdshrink.org/what.html
http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_decrypter.cfm
http://www.dvdshrink.info/dvd-decrypter.php

Sorry that the first part of this message is not what you want, but I'm
posting all of it in case it will be useful to other people.  If any of
you have comments or suggestions on the DVD copying HOWTO, send them to
the author.  His name is Michael and this is his e-mail address:

mogmios (at) mlug dot missouri dot edu

Mike