On Sun, 26 Dec 2004, Jerry Weihrauch wrote:

> 1982, The Man of the Year in /TIME/ magazine was a computer. It was the
> first time a non-human received the honors. What OS did it use, UNIX or
> something else?

Here's the article...

http://ei.cs.vt.edu/~history/Time.MOTY.1982.html

I have no time to read it now, but wasn't 1982 the year that the IBM PC
was introduced?  The IBM PC must have had a lot of influence on the
decision, but the article seems to be about computers in general.

For this year, Time's Man is GWB and in 1938 the Man was Adolf Hitler.

Mike