Josh Trutwin wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 13:12:17 -0600 (CST)
> Nate Carlson <natecars at real-time.com> wrote:
>
>>Have you checked to see if ACPI/APM is kicking in? For a desktop
>>machine, I'd just disable them in the BIOS.
>
> Would ACPI/APM kicking in throw something in any of the logs?  I don't
> recall seeing anything related to this but I can double check...
>
> Josh

I highly recommend adding acpi=off to your lilo/grub configs.  I had the
same problem with a friends computer.  It would seem to lock up or panic
at random intervals.  Sometimes up for only a day or few hours, and
other times it would last a week.  After adding acpi=off to the
grub/lilo configurations it never went down again.  Also, there was
_never_ a log for what happened.  If you're not using acpi for something
specific, shut it off.

Chris