I'm having some annoying problems with hardware (purchased from one of
the TCLUG classified's incidentally!) and I was hoping maybe someone's
had similar issues and can offer some advice.

Anyway, it's a SuSE 8.1 box, PIII 500 I think - I can get detailed
specs the next time it's up.  Every now and then it just goes down, no
messages in any of the logs.  Sometimes when I'm logged in and working
on it, sometimes overnight.  Right now it seems to go down once or
twice every 24 hours or so.  Last time it happened in the middle of
the night and I left an ssh connection tailing the messages log.  In
the morning it was dead, nothing interesting on the log window.
Nothing interesting in any of the other logs either.

The power lights are on near the front power/reset switch, but the
switches are unusable, even when held in for a minute.  In this state
the monitor just shows a black screen - it's connected via KVM and the
KVM light for this box is on as well.  The back power switch does
power the unit off though so I don't have to yank the cord.  :)

My guesses are either a) bad power supply or b) bad video card.  The
only two peripherals are a video card and a NIC.  I had thought that I
replaced the video card on this box already once though...

Anyone have any thoughts on how to determine what the culprit is here?
 Most of the hardware I've purchased has worked pretty well so I do
not have much experience dealing with these kinds of problems.

Thanks,

Josh