On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 15:47, jeffr at odeon.net wrote:
> Anyone running an AGP and a PCI video card in their system?  Nvidia, ATI,
> or Matrox?  Some combination?

I ran a TNT2 Ultra AGP, TNT1 PCI and 3dfx Banshee PCI setup for quite
some time. Binary nvidia driver on the TNT2, Xfree nv driver on the
TNT1. 3D worked fine on the TNT2, any openGL windows just showed up as
black if dragged onto the other screens.

Generated a f-ckload of heat though. Great in the winter. Sucked in the
summer.

Also ran a Rage Pro instead of the TNT1 at first for a little while.
They don't fully support multihead and won't work as a secondary card. I
had to make the BIOS boot to the Rage Pro to get it to work, but both
XFree and Win2K let me set the TNT2 as the "primary" screen for 3D and
video overlays. Rage 128 and newer fully support multihead.