Help!

My wireless router died last week and I need to replace it.
It was a Netgear MR314, with a quirky web interface and a
quirkier telnet interface.

I need some advice for a new wireless access point, and I am
looking for personal experiences with reliability and configuration.

I am mostly looking at D-Link 784 [1] and D-Link 7100 [2].
Why should I choose the router over the access point? AFAIK
the router contains a switch, a router and a firewall while the
access point has fancier authentication/authorization. For a
home user, is it useful to have a real access point?

Do you know of a wireless router that has different DHCP ranges
for wireless and wired?

Any suggestions for any other brands? I need something good, but
not far from the $100 mark.

Thank you,
florin

[1] http://www.dlink.com/products/?sec=2&pid=299