Hello all!

I'm a Linux intermediate user and I need help networking two
computers.

One computer is a Gateway laptop, 5300 Solo running Suse Linux 9.0.
Approx Pentium II.

The second computer is new Dell Dimension 4800 desktop running
Windows XP Home. Pentium 4.

I have the correct type of network cable used to connect pier to
pier without using hubs, etc. From what I can tell, Linux is talking
DHCP and Windows is using TCP/IP or some Microsoft protocol. They
won't connect.

I really need to get them working properly so I can get all the
valuable info off my laptop and onto the Windows computer, which has
a CD burner. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!! THANK
YOU!! (Also, many of the howto's haven't helped, that's why I've
come here!)

Take care!
Nick

“Take sides. Neutrality helps the